Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I won't let my mom throw away the last pair of clothes my father wore to the hospital before he died

When I think about all of the things I have done that I would not like to admit, when I consider how often I go to extremes and let my emotions get the best of me, I am reminded: someone will have to love me for this. Or, even if they don't love it, they will have to accept it; that's what unconditional love is all about. They will have to find the treasure in me. In spite of all the weaknesses, and inclinations, and fears, they will have to see how what I do and how I think makes me who I am. Hopefully, they'll challenge me to be better than myself while fully anticipating that I may never change. I may always be this obsessive, this sentimental, this emotional. Who could love a person like that? No one but you, Lord. And no one but someone who loves you and chooses to love as you do. Will I be satisfied with only you? Will I be content if there is no other who loves me unconditionally but you? I wish that would be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment